Gluten Free & Keto Chicken Quesadilla
Finding something good to jazz up daily meals or dazzle your guests at gathering? Keto chicken quesadilla is right up your street! It just tastes like traditional Mexican quesadilla except for the shell. This thing, however, is also what defines the food, making it popular among keto eaters. I’m neither a fan of Mexican cuisine nor keto dieters but still fall for these. They keep my taste buds satisfied so well!
Instead of regular shells, these are made with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Pairing with the fillings, they contain only 5.4g of net carbs pre serving. Perfect fit for keto and low-carb eaters. These cheese shells are then filled with cooked chicken, bell pepper, diced tomato and green onion, and bring to oven to bake. Tasty and flavorful, they promise to melt in your mouth.
These keto chicken quesadillas are available on the table in less than 20 minutes. Easy to serve for any occasion, right? My family love them so bad. They are also one of the recipes that I got asked over and over again to make at gatherings. To best serve, you can top your quesadillas with sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Let’s dive right in!
Gluten Free & Keto Chicken QuesadillaCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Finding something good to jazz up daily meals or dazzle your guests at gathering? Keto chicken quesadilla is right up your street! It just tastes like traditional Mexican quesadilla except for the shell.
1½ cups mozzarella cheese
1½ cups cheddar cheese
1 cup cooked chicken
¼ cup bell pepper
¼ cup diced tomato
⅛ cup green onion
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cover a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Combine two cheese together in a bowl. Spread them evenly over the parchment paper (in a circle shape). Bake the cheese shell for 5 minutes. Pour off any extra oil as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Place chicken over half of the cheese shell. Add sliced peppers, diced tomato and chopped green onion.
- Fold the cheese shell in half over the chicken and veggies. Press it firmly, then return it to the oven for another 4- 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Garnish with chopped fresh basil, parsley or cilantro.
- To reheat, preheat oven to 400 F. Bake for 6-8 minutes (if cold, a little less if room temp).