Keto Beef and Broccoli
A bowl of rice paired with keto beef and broccoli is enough to save me during busy days. The reason is simple. It’s easy to cook, quick to serve while providing a lot of nutrition. I can make it even when I’m constantly tired after work or not in good mood for cooking. It’s not all because I love homemade foods. This main course just tastes so good!
If you are a keto beginner and have no idea to get your diet started in the right direction, just give this a go. An easy and smooth beginning surely gives you more move to follow your weight loss program. Instead of rice, you can eat it with cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower. It still gets your stomach filled while keeping you stick to your diet. Those who are adopting a clean-eating diet should also serve this for meal.
Keto beef and broccoli is also the perfect idea for those who love to eat them in easiest way. Marinate beef with spices, cook in pan until brown and remove. Add broccoli (blanched and drained) in pan, pour in remaining marinade and stir fry for 2 minutes. The process ends by bringing beef back to pan, warm through, season for perfection and serve hot. That’s all. It takes you about 12 minutes to cook. Worth trying, right? Let’s get started!
Keto Beef and BroccoliCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A bowl of rice paired with keto beef and broccoli is enough to save me during busy days. The reason is simple. It’s easy to cook, quick to serve while providing a lot of nutrition.
1 lb flat iron steak , thinly sliced
1/2 lb broccoli , cut into small florets
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp fish sauce
beef and broccoli marinade
- Add the sliced beef, coconut aminos, ginger, and garlic in a small plastic bag. Let it rest 1 hour in the fridge.
- Once ready to cook, remove the bag and drain beef from the marinade. Reserve the liquid for stir-fry sauce.
- Blanch broccoli for two minutes in boiling water, then drain well.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in beef and stir-fry until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove.
- Add broccoli into the pan. Stir fry until crisp-tender, for about 3 minutes, then add the remaining marinade and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Return beef to pan with the broccoli and warm through. Add the fish sauce and toasted sesame oil for perfection. Serve hot.
- This recipe has approximately 6g net carbs per serving.
Some coconut amino brands have a higher carb count than others depending on the ingredients so read the label. I prefer Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos, or the Kroger own brand.