Keto Cauliflower Ziti
Finding a hearty Italian meal without the carbs? Keto cauliflower ziti is the way to go. It’s a perfect mix of cauliflower, ground beef, cheeses (mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan), tomatoes and spices. Added in tomato paste, this ziti also looks super duper impressive. It promises to blow up the taste buds in your mouth right with the first bites. Yummy!
Taste like lasagna. That is what you would comment on this keto cauliflower ziti. Swap the noodles with cauliflower, this contains almost no carbs. Then, any of you can give it a go, not just keto eaters and cauliflower lovers. Tasty and pretty, this cauliflower dish is a great addition to both family meals and gatherings. As cauliflower is available at any store, this ziti is perfect to make any time of the year.
I’m not a keto eater but I still love trying keto low-carb meals. It makes my cooking life less boring. Some of them work and some don’t. It’s not the point. I get more recipes and sometimes adjust them so that they fit the taste of the family. Some of them even become “must-serve” recipes at our holiday’s meals. Keto cauliflower ziti is among them. Let’s check it out!
Keto Cauliflower ZitiCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Finding a hearty Italian meal without the carbs? Keto cauliflower ziti is the way to go. It’s a perfect mix of cauliflower, ground beef, cheeses (mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan), tomatoes and spices.
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 lb ground beef
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp oregano
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add ground beef, salt and pepper and cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in tomato paste and oregano and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour meat sauce over the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, spread out half the cauliflower. Top with half the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan. Add the rest of the cauliflower and top with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.