Keto Low-Carb Chicken Fajita Soup
My family just have craving for chicken. I love trying different meals with chicken especially when we gather at any occasion. It might be quick-prep chicken stir fry, oven-baked chicken, cheesy stuffed chicken, chicken nuggets, chicken salad, chicken soup, chicken casserole or diet chicken. They all keep our taste buds satisfied. We had cranberry orange chicken for New Year’s Eve dinner and really enjoyed it. It just taste so good!
Our post today would be a little surprise for you. It shows the way to make keto low-carb chicken fajita soup. It’s a delicious mix of cooked and shredded chicken, chicken broth, cream cheese, whipping cream, green pepper, onion, tomatoes and taco seasoning. If you want something to make your keto life less boring, just give it a try. Creamy and flavorful, it surely blows up the taste buds in your mind.
Although this chicken fajita soup is initially made for keto and low-carb eaters, you can definitely give it a try. The point here is you prefer it for meal. Those who are finding comforting foods for these winter’s days, you should never miss this soup. Warm up your body while satisfying your taste buds, it does an excellent job. Let’s check it out!
Keto Low-Carb Chicken Fajita SoupCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
It shows the way to make keto low-carb chicken fajita soup. It’s a delicious mix of cooked and shredded chicken, chicken broth, cream cheese, whipping cream, green pepper, onion, tomatoes and taco seasoning.
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
3½ cups chicken broth
½ cup heavy whipping cream
6 oz cream cheese
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon of butter
1 green pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
2 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
- Add boneless skinless chicken breasts and a cup of chicken broth in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours. Season with salt/pepper.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove and shred. (You can strain the leftover broth for the soup.)
- Pour tbsp of butter into a large saucepan. Add in green pepper, onion, and garlic. Stir fry they are translucent.
- Add in cream cheese. Mash until combine smoothly as it melts.
- Stir in canned tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, and taco seasoning.
- Uncovered and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowl. Top with shredded cheese, cilantro, and/or sour cream (optional). Serve.