Keto Paleo Egg Rolls in a Bowl
Egg rolls in a bowl has been familiar with Asian cuisine lovers and paleo, keto and low carb eaters. Can you guess why? It’s mainly made with shredded cabbage and ground beef or turkey. Turkey (or chicken) or beef is rich in protein but lower in carbs, compared with other meats. Meanwhile, cabbage is a good source of vitamin K and vitamin C, and contains only 3g of net carbs per serving. The combination of the two is then a healthy and flavorful food, right?
If you are finding an easy, tasty and low-carb recipe to jazz up daily meals, just give this egg roll in a bowl a try. It’s an excellent choice for quick prep lunch and dinner. Available on the table in 30 minutes, these can definitely be served for week day’s meals. Is this work with gatherings? Well, it would be a great side dish for any occasions, guys. Just go for it!
Those who are looking for way to make their kids eat cabbage more often, should also give this keto egg roll bowl a try. Combine well with other ingredients, cabbage offers more taste and flavor. I did made it for my kids and they all loved it. Let’s dive right in!
Keto Paleo Egg Rolls in a BowlCourse: Dinner, Lunch, MainCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
If you are finding an easy, tasty and low-carb recipe to jazz up daily meals, just give this egg roll in a bowl a try. It’s an excellent choice for quick prep lunch and dinner.
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 lb. ground turkey or beef
5 cups cabbage, cut into ¼-inch shreds
¼ cup chicken broth
1 ½ cup sweet onion, finely diced
1 cup carrots, shredded
½ tsp ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
½ tsp. salt to taste
¼ tsp. pepper to taste
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Green onions (optional)
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until turkey is almost cooked through.
- Push turkey to the side of the pan. Add onion and another tbsp of oil. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in shredded carrots, garlic, and ginger; continue to cook for 2 minutes. Stir vegetables and turkey together.
- Pour chicken broth in pan and scrape the bottom of it to deglaze it.
- Add cabbage, coconut aminos or soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir well and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until cabbage is to your desired tenderness.
- Before serving, add toasted sesame oil and drizzle with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Eat in a bowl by itself or serve with regular rice or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!