Loaded Cauliflower and Broccoli Casserole
Your daily meal would be boring without this loaded cauliflower and broccoli casserole. Broccoli and cauliflower steamed until tender, spread with a good mix of sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream, and black pepper, mixed with cheddar and chives, transferred to a sprayed baking dish, and baked until cheese is melted. They come out absolutely incredibly!
Loaded cauliflower and broccoli casserole is low in carbs. This refers to its ingredients. They are all friendly to keto diet and used with a proper amount. You can have it as a flavorful side dish or complete meal. Spending 45 minutes, and this crazy good veggie dish is ready on the table. If you are hosting a weekend gathering, feel free to feed a hungry crowd with it, too. It will keep them satisfied.
If you are looking for a recipe to make your kids eat greens more often, and even crave them, just give this casserole a go. Healthy, tasty and flavorful, it surely keeps your taste buds satisfied. I did try with my kids and it actually worked. They are all popular ingredients but at a new level. Giving them a try and you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried this sooner!
Loaded Cauliflower and Broccoli CasseroleCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Your daily meal would be boring without this loaded cauliflower and broccoli casserole. Broccoli and cauliflower steamed until tender, spread with a good mix of sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream, and black pepper, mixed with cheddar and chives, transferred to a sprayed baking dish, and baked until cheese is melted.
½ large head cauliflower, cut into florets
½ large head broccoli, cut into florets
8 slices of bacon, fried crispy
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 cup shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
¼ teaspoon black pepper
6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- Preheat oven to 370 degree F.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until crispy and crumble. Set aside.
- Bring cauliflower and broccoli to a boil for about 15-20 minutes; or until tender.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream, & black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add steamed cauliflower & broccoli florets, ½ bacon, cheddar cheese and ½ chives. Mix to well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a sprayed baking dish. Top with Colby & Monterey Jack cheese and remaining bacon.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes, or just until cheese is bubbly and turns brown.