STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE
Strawberry Pound Cake – THE BEST strawberry pound cake I’ve ever eaten! Packed FULL of delicious strawberry flavor! Flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, vanilla, butter, sugar, strawberry jello, frozen strawberries in sugar. Top with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries. Can freeze for a quick dessert later. Great for potlucks! #strawberry #poundcake #dessert #cake
This Strawberry Pound Cake, or Pink Pound Cake as we call it, is one of the most requested desserts in our house. It is very simple to make and it tastes delicious! It is also really pretty!!
There is tons of great strawberry flavor in this Strawberry Pound Cake. The cake has a box of strawberry jello AND a container of frozen sliced strawberries in sugar. SO good!! All you need is a little fresh whipped cream, vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries to go on top. YUM!
This Strawberry Pound Cake can be made ahead a day or two in advance. You can even make this and freeze it for later. We actually slice the cake and freeze individual slices for a quick dessert later.
Go ahead and add this Strawberry Pound Cake to your 4th of July menu! I promise it will be a hit!
STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (3-oz) box strawberry jello
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (16-oz) container frozen sliced strawberries in sugar, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar and strawberry jello until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until yolk disappears.
Add dry ingredients in three additions to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and sliced strawberries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 70 to 75 minutes, until a wooden pick instead into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.