If you love jalapeno pepper as an appetizer, you should also give this jalapeno pepper chicken casserole a go. I’ve served it for dinner several times and it is now one of the most favorite food of my family, especially my kids. It’s not all because they love chicken. This casserole just tastes so good. Chicken seems to melt in the mouth right with the first bite. Who can resist it? We know that we can’t.
Tender chicken breasts layered with cream cheese, topped with fresh jalapeño peppers and rich cheddar cheese, baked in the oven and finished off with crispy bacon. They come out incredibly delicious! Not just that, they are keto and low carb friendly. Just add this casserole to your diet to make it less boring and “pamper” your craving for chicken. The recipe is given below. Take a look and save it right!
Jalapeno pepper chicken casserole is a crazy good food to jazz up daily meals and dazzle your guests at gatherings. It’s hearty and impressive, so you can serve it for any occasion. To serve, you can eat it with mashed potatoes (mashed cauliflower is recommended for keto eaters), baked potatoes, or baked vegetables of your choice. Here we go!
Jalapeno pepper chicken casserole recipe
Jalapeno Popper Chicken CasseroleCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
If you love jalapeno poppers as an appetizer, you should also give this jalapeno popper chicken casserole a go.
2 lbs chicken breast boneless skinless, 3-4 chicken breasts
1/2 pound jalapeño peppers fresh, about 5-6 peppers
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup crispy bacon, crumbled
1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Lay chicken breasts flat in a casserole dish. Season with garlic powder. Spread cream cheese evenly over the chicken.
- Wash jalapeño peppers, dry and then cut off tops. Remove seeds and stems (leave some if you want more spice). Cut into strips.
- Lay jalapeno on top of cream cheese. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven 5 minutes before cooking is complete and sprinkle with bacon. Return to oven for remaining cook time. Chicken is done when cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Serve warm with mashed potatoes, veggies, or a baked potato. Enjoy!