Keto Chicken Parmesan
Keto chicken parmesan is one of the tastiest and easiest chicken dinners that I’ve made for my family. Thin chicken breasts are crusted in parmesan cheese, pan fried until golden brown, then topped with marinara and melty mozzarella cheese. The whole process lasts only about 30 minutes, from start to finish. We do believe that this is totally a proper amount of time to make any good homemade meal.
My family just have craving for chicken. It means that we love to try different meals with chicken. Baked chicken, roasted chicken, grilled chicken, chicken stir fry, chicken soup, chicken salad, or chicken casserole is served at our dining table. At weekend gatherings, we also prefer chicken to dazzle our guests. It is really a versatile and easy-to-cook food. I’m always glad to have “secret” chicken recipes to show at big occasions. Keto chicken parmesan is one of them.
I first came to keto chicken parmesan when my kids asked for a tasty, pretty and quick chicken dish. I did satisfy their requirement as they behaved well during the week I had been out for work. I gave keto chicken parmesan a try and they actually got my kids hooked. My husband? He was happy to have low carb and delicious food for dinner. Ready to make a good one of your own? Let’s get started!
Keto Chicken ParmesanCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Keto chicken parmesan is one of the tastiest and easiest chicken dinners that I’ve made for my family. Thin chicken breasts are crusted in parmesan cheese, pan fried until golden brown, then topped with marinara and melty mozzarella cheese.
3 chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
3/4 cup marinara sauce
12 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced into 12 slices
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs an Italian seasoning.
- In another bowl, add Parmesan cheese. Coat chicken cutlets in the egg mixtures, then into the parmesan, make sure that the chicken is coated well.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Lay coated chicken and cook on each side for 3 minutes. Remove to a baking dish.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of marinara on top of each cutlet, followed by 2 ounces of fresh mozzarella.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve.
- Nutrition per serving: 333 calories/21g fat / 4g carbs / 33g protein
You can use shredded mozzarella for the topping. Use 2 tablespoons per breast.
The perfect parmesan for this recipe is the pre-shredded kind. I used Kraft brand.