Spaghetti squash, also called vegetable spaghetti or noodle squash, is an oblong variety of winter squash. This type of squash can vary in color from ivory to yellow to orange. The orange varieties have higher carotene content and its center contains many large seeds. Its flesh is bright yellow or orange. The raw flesh of the spaghetti squash is solid. When cooked the flesh falls away from the outside skin in strands like spaghetti. There are many spaghetti squash recipes you can follow but this is the simple guide for any perfect homemade spaghetti squash.
If you’re maintaining a low- carb diet, there is no food more magical than spaghetti squash. It’s super easy to make and there are so many ways to cook with it.
1. Spaghetti Squash ingredients:
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2. How to make Spaghetti Squash?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash cut-sides down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance, about 30 minutes. Remove squash from the oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
(Don’t throw the seeds away. Spread ’em on a baking sheet with chili powder and salt and roast for a crunchy snack!)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, from 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warmed through.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and place in a medium bowl. Toss with cooked onion-tomato mixture, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warmly.
Watch this video for more details:
Easy and healthy recipes is a website that provides you with all creative cooking ideas and useful kitchen tips. Don’t hesitate to visit our site to explore more easy cooking recipes designed for your perfect meal.