The traditional Mexican favorite is given a low-carb and grain-free makeover in these keto quesadillas. They are the ideal keto comfort food because they are easy to make and delicious!
It’s possible that this keto quesadilla isn’t the same as the popular Mexican delicacy often constructed with maize or flour tortillas with melty cheese. Regardless, this keto quesadilla is incredibly gratifying whenever a craving comes.
These quesadillas comprise warm, lightly toasted low-carb tortillas combined with a generous amount of melty, velvety cheese in this keto quesadilla dish. And making it is so quick and simple! You can prepare these keto quesadillas from scratch in only 15 minutes. Not to mention, there are only 4 NET CARBS in each quesadilla!
Healthy Keto Quesadilla for Ketogenics Looking for an Alternative
1. Ingredients for Keto Quesadilla
- You can use any low-carb tortilla you like from the grocery store, or you can make your own.
- Your choice of protein is up to you! Although I grilled chicken, tofu, beef, and even vegetables are excellent options.
- Use shredded cheese with a strong flavor, such as delicious or a Mexican blend.
- Seasoning for tacos —to add flavor, you can also use your own homemade keto taco spice.
- Classic low-carb vegetables like onions and peppers are essential for any good quesadilla.
- Either homemade or storebought salsa and/or sour cream works as a dipping
2. Instructions for Keto Quesadilla
1. Start by setting the tortilla on a cutting board or any level surface in the kitchen. Then layer your preferred protein, shredded cheese, taco seasoning, onions, and peppers, on one half of the tortilla, leaving about 1/4 inch of space on all sides.
2. Put a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Place the quesadilla on the hot surface and cook for 3–4 minutes before gently flipping and cooking them for a further 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the edges are golden brown.
3. Last but not least, place your quesadilla on a dish and split it in two. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
3. How to Store and Freeze Quesadillas
To store: Leftovers can be kept for up to three days in the refrigerator with a cover on them. They must be reheated before eating. Quesadillas can be frozen for up to 6 months by placing them in a ziplock bag and storing them in the freezer.
Reheating: You may either reheat in it an oven, air fryer, or nonstick pan. They won’t stay crisp if you microwave them though, in fact, they’ll get mushy
Don’t forget to let us know your outcome. Visit our website Easy and Healthy Recipes for more recipes and get cooking inspiration!