If you love potatoes, these top potato dishes will become your go-to menu for all occasions. You can always find a way to serve potatoes, whether you’re making a simple steak supper or a Thanksgiving menu. You can use them as the main ingredient in a creamy soup recipe, serve them for breakfast with your favorite egg dishes, or cook them with garlic for a savory side dish.
For your family’s dinner, are you looking for any creative potato dishes? Actually, there are numerous ways to cook potatoes. These potato dishes are sure to become favorites in your family.
1. Potato dish with cheddar
A must-have side dish is mashed potatoes, and it turns out that they taste even better when topped with gooey cheese. This recipe creates the ideal creamy and cheesy mashed potato recipe by combining rich gouda cheese with sharp, earthy cheddar cheese, sour cream, and butter.
In this potato dish, you can use melting cheese such as gouda, cheddar, Monterey Jack, or fontina. Grated Parmesan is another excellent option because it gives the mashed potatoes a salty, nutty flavor.
2. A casserole with twice-baked potatoes
Fans of Ree’s well-known twice-baked potatoes will adore this warm and simple casserole. Parmesan, cheddar, and bacon enhance creamy mashed potatoes to create a simple but equally delicious version of your favorite rich side dish. In addition, heavy cream or buttermilk can be used in place of sour cream, and Yukon gold potatoes can be used in place of the russet varieties.
They are not only delicious, but they also contain the majority of the nutrients found in potatoes. You get to decide how many potato skins to add to this casserole. Although the recipe instructs you to fold in three chopped ingredients, feel free to change it to suit your tastes and preferred texture combinations.
3. Curry shrimp with crispy kale
This hearty shrimp curry made in Jamaica is thick, hot, and studded with bits of potatoes. It’s a quick comfort food dish that’s ideal for chilly winter evenings.
How to prepare shrimp in Jamaican curry to perfection:
- If you bought frozen shrimp, make sure it was defrosted.
- If at all feasible, choose a sweet shrimp (for example, Argentinian shrimp, which is available fresh or frozen at most seafood counters).
- Consult your neighborhood fishmonger to find out which shrimp are the sweetest. The spicy curry is countered with the sweet shrimp.
- Shrimp should be slightly undercooked, but you should still cover the saucepan so that the residual steam correctly cooks the shrimp without drying them off.
4. The ideal soup for potato dishes
This recipe for creamy potato soup is unquestionably the greatest! Nothing warms you up like a cup of warm potato soup with all of your favorite toppings on a chilly day. It may be prepared in advance on the weekend and served for lunches or dinners all week. This soup keeps well in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
What makes this soup one of the best potato dishes?
- Despite not using cream, it retains the cozy creaminess that you long for in a hearty potato soup.
- It is impossible to resist the soft, creamy potato pieces and the delicious broth base. Your family will ask for this one pot meal over and over again if you add some cheese and bacon!
- It is simple to convert this potato soup dish to a gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, or vegan version. See my comments on the several varieties of potato soup below.
5. Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Potatoes
Are you looking for a new way to get that delicious pizza flavor?Try these baked potato dishes packed with two cheeses, pepperoni, and traditional Italian garlic spices for pizza.
Making twice baked potatoes in advance can make for a simple dinner. Bake the potatoes, remove the flesh, and then re-stuff them with the mixture. For up to two days, store them in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic wrap. Remove the potatoes from the refrigerator approximately one to one and a half hours before you want to bake them, so they can cool down to room temperature.