How To Combine 4 Keto Vegetables In 1 Recipe
There are thousands of ways to cook keto vegetables. The classic ratatouille is among one of the best recipes that you can create by combining the healthy and fresh vegetables together including onions, eggplants, tomatoes and zucchinis.
This dish is suitable for vegetarians, keto dieters and low-carb dieters with little carbs and calories meanwhile high in proteins, fiber and vitamins.
1. How To Prepare For The Recipe?
Source: A Clean Bake
Among other keto vegetables recipes, this one is a little more time-consuming and you should put some effort into it. However, it’s worth your time and effort. After all the steps, you will have a stunning, delicious, flavorful and colorful dish of keto vegetables.
Normally, there are two ways to make ratatouille: stewing and baking. In this recipe, we will bake it as a casserole. It includes 2 main elements which are the sauce and the vegetables. And it might take you less than an hour (with 30 to 35 minutes for baking). At the same time, you might prepare other proteins such as chicken or fish to serve with it. Otherwise, the dish itself is filling and nutritious enough to be served alone.
2. Ingredients (8 servings):
Source: Fittoserve Group
- 350 grams diced tomatoes (fresh or can)
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon herbs de provence (French mixed dried herbs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 sliced roma tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 2 sliced zucchinis
- 1 sliced eggplant (or Japanese eggplant)
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Source: Lowcarb Abode
- Preheat the oven over 190 degrees C
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender. Puree until it’s smooth then give it a taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce into a casserole dish. Make sure it’s a thin layer, spread evenly.
- Arrange the vegetables respectively onto the dish. Make sure these keto vegetables look uniformed in an exact order.
- Put olive oil, salt and pepper on top evenly. Give it a nice massage.
- Bake the ratatouille for 30 to 35 minutes. Be careful to not overcook it because vegetables do not taste good when they are too soft.
- Serve while hot with basil on top so it looks more appealing and tasty! Be careful not to get burned while taking it out from the oven.
We hope you and your family members will enjoy this keto vegetables recipe. It’s perfect for a friend or family gathering and is a dish that everyone would love including children and the elderly.
Comments are closed.