Ice cream is always a great treat. It is not only a dessert that satisfies our appetite but also our mood. There are two ingredients to make ice cream which are keto-friendly. Which are they?
The regular ice cream is made of heavy cream, whole cream and a lot of sugar. These are the basic ingredients. So obviously, whole cream and sugar are off the list of ingredients to make ice cream for keto dieters. Instead, we might use almond milk (or coconut milk) and zero-calories sweetener. The recipe for this ketogenic ice cream is rather easy and everyone can make delicious and creamy ice cream from this recipe.
1. How Long To Make Keto Ice Cream?
Source: Chocolate Covered Katie
It might sound like a lot of work but actually, it is not. This recipe also requires some ingredients to make ice cream including heavy cream, almond milk, sweetener, frozen fruits or any other flavors that you like including chocolate, vanilla or coconut. To be exact, it also takes you a few minutes to create a mixture, under 10 minutes. Then it takes around under 1 hour or more to simmer and cool it down. Afterwards, it might take a few hours to be frozen in the fridge (4 hours at least). However, the longer you have to wait, the better the ice cream will be. So remember to be patient.
2. What Does It Taste Like?
Source: Savory Tooth
Nothing tastes better than ice cream, especially during hot summer days. It is one of the favorite desserts/snacks/comfort foods by everyone around the world. So obviously, we expect it to taste good. This ketogenic ice cream is just as sweet, creamy and soft as the regular ice cream. If you find it with an icy texture afterwards, it might be solved by letting it sit in the cool zone for a few minutes before eating. It helps soften the ice cream.
3. How To Make Keto Ice Cream?
Source: My Keto Kitchen
Ingredients To Make Ice Cream:
- 3 cups heavy cream (or coconut cream)
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetener
- Toppings of your own choice: choco chips, frozen strawberries…
- Melt the butter on a pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 cups of heavy cream and sweeter to the pan then bring to a boil.
- After that, lower the stove over low and simmer the mixture. Stir occasionally until it thickens (similar to condensed milk, might take to 40 minutes).
- Remove it to a bowl and let it cool down. Then add vanilla extract.
- Add the remaining heavy cream and milk then mix well until smooth.
- Keep it in the fridge for 4 hours or more for better texture.
- Scoop into a dessert bowl and add any topping that you like.