The Best Keto Banana Bread Recipe You’ll Make Again and Again
One of my favorite low-carb keto dishes to serve to friends and family is this keto banana bread. And after that, you can reveal that the banana bread is actually sugar-free! Thanks to a combination of low-carb flours, a superior natural sugar alternative, and a simple substitution for the bananas, no one can ever tell the difference. The hardest part of making banana bread with almond flour is mixing the dough, baking it, and letting it cool.
In order to achieve the ideal density and moistness in your loaf, like the genuine thing, this keto banana bread uses a blend of premium low-carb flours. This is an instance where using a combination of flours is very necessary to achieve the “perfect” texture. The ratio of moist to dry ingredients is crucial since it determines the texture.
1. Banana bread: is it keto?
Traditional banana bread has white flour, sugar, and bananas; thus, it is not keto-friendly. Keto dieters can make this banana almond bread recipe.
2. Why is this keto banana bread recipe amazing?
- True banana flavor without the carbs.
- Cake-like, moist crumbs
- Preparation takes only 15 minutes.
- Each slice contains only 2 g of net carbohydrates.
3. Almond flour keto banana bread ingredients
What each ingredient does in the recipe, how to choose the best ones, and possible substitutions are all covered in this part. Refer to the recipe card below for measurements.
- 2 cups Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Yum Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- 4 large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk (at room temperature)
- 2 tsp Banana extract
- 1 cup Chopped walnuts (optional, divided)
4. How to make keto banana bread
This section shows how to make easy keto banana bread with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Blend the dry ingredients. Combine baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, sea salt, Wholesome Yum almond flour, and Wholesome Yum coconut flour in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter. Beat butter and Besti Monk Fruit Allulose in a separate, big bowl. Blend until frothy, blend.
- Blend the wet ingredients. One at a time, beat in the eggs to achieve smoothness. Add the almond milk and banana flavoring after that.
- Combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while running the mixer on medium speed until the mixture is thick and consistent.
- Combine nuts. If you’re including walnuts, mix in a few while saving some for the top.
- Transfer. Scoop the batter into a tiny loaf pan that has been lined entirely with parchment paper (this one is the ideal size). Clean up the top. Add more walnuts and lightly press them into the surface.
- Prepare banana bread without sugar. When the top is golden, tent it with foil and continue baking until the toothpick test is passed (an inserted toothpick should come out clean).
- Cool. Before cutting, let the bread cool fully.
5. The best keto banana bread tips
Follow these guidelines for consistently delicious keto banana bread.
– Apply the new baking powder. Fresh baking powder is very crucial to help keto banana bread rise as much as it can because it doesn’t rise very well.
– Employ xanthan gum. The texture of your banana bread made with almond flour will improve by adding 1/2 teaspoon to the dry ingredients. It will also be less crumbly.
– Ingredients should be used at room temperature. By doing this, you can guarantee a smooth, clump-free batter.
– Circle the top. Your keto banana bread recipe will look more traditional if you shape the batter by rounding the top because it doesn’t rise too much.
– Think about converting it halfway through baking. As your bread bakes, keep an eye on it. You can tent the top with foil and then extend the cooking time if the bread’s top begins to brown but the interior is still wet.
– Allow it to completely cool. I realize it’s difficult, but you must be persistent and wait until the gluten-free, sugar-free banana bread has cooled completely on a wire rack before slicing it. Otherwise, it will crumble.
With this keto banana bread recipe, I wish you could enjoy banana bread even though you are following the keto diet. Visit our website to find more delicious keto recipes!
Comments are closed.